We Don’t Need No Education: Web Governance Through On-Demand Online Training
- House of hoarders.
- Used Site improve to manage the basic website.
Integrated personal data with industry data
- Content wasn’t focused on audience
- 75% of traffic does not go through the homepage
- 97% of users says website is most reliable
Content was off brand, they came in farther in on the funnel
- Used mandatory training until it became true!
- Moved site off campus; and began working
Strategic Development Initiative
Built all WWW’s (about 10) on a new system and implementation
Web Admin training
|Intro||planning for change|
what to expect
|Getting Started Quiz|
|Content Basics||intro to content strategy|
writing for the web
Expectations & best practices
|Wordpress 101||Logging In|
Creating and Editing Content
Advanced Training in Development
|Advanced Wordpress||Gravity Forms|
Tabs & Accordions
Using the QA Tools
|Department Specific Training||Residence Life - Managing Residence Halls|
Great Lives - Managing Lectures
Graduate Admissions Pages
- Lesson plans
- Scripts and Slides
- Video Links
- Resources (sources)
Challenge: Build your own starter kit!
DON’T CREATE EXPERTS; MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE
Training should be evaluated once a year and everyone goes through it again.
Give them the actual things to fix accessibility problems. They should be doing it with their monthly report.
Do it everywhere; All people are responsible for ensuring everything meets the accessibility standard
Git for the Stubbornly Resistant Organization
- Git for Teams Emma Jane Hogbin Westby
- Merge vs rebase terminology