Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.
Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?
This is another difficult post to write since I feel like my life is complete. While you some of you may be right saying, “How can your life be complete you aren’t married nor do you have kids.” You’re absolutely right, I am not currently married nor do I have little one’s running rampant. What I do have is a life with very little regret. However, there are a few things left that I would like to accomplish. However, I’m going to take the same approach as this fellow Trust30 blogger, Rich Proctor
What if I only had a week to totally change the direction my life, or my life would be taken from me?
This will also coincide with the Post-It and Wait post I wrote 2 days ago.
- Continue with my Coaching Career
- Go back to school and get a degree to facilitate my career
- Attempt to obtain CPR/Life Guard Trainers Certification
- Get my Scuba Diving Certification
- Spend less time in front of my electronics
- Enjoy more time with friends and family
- Get off my butt and exercise more
- Travel, travel, travel
- Figure out how to get the car of my dreams, the Nissan GT-R
- Buy the iPad I’ve talked about
- Quit Blogging – It’s making me a lot more conscience of who I am
- Scuba Dive Alone – Sarah…hint hint 😉
- Ditch my Versa! (ever)
All of these things would also help me obtain my Dream Job of being a full time Coach (except the car) and honestly, this post suffices as my Day 4 and Day 6 post.
What about you? Feel free to use the original prompt or the modified one by Rich Proctor. I’d like to know your story too.
2011-06-06 00:07 +0000